Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our Views

I was looking at the land documentation the other day and was reminded about how much common land / reserves there are in the area we are building. Of course we chose our block mainly because it has reserves on all sides, so no boundaries with neighbours. What I hadn't thought about was the view we would get over the reserve that extends behind the house.

This first image will look fuzzy if enlarged (was from Melways online and I cleaned it up!). Our block is highlighted in blue. All the white is where house blocks are, and the green is all reserve. From the back of the house we will look out to the large reserve space. Also note the walking tracks that are already in place. The dogs will love it!

Next couple of photos show the view through the two large back windows in the family room. I love it - it was such a nice surprise to see that. The higher aspect thanks to the cut and fill helps too as we don't even see our back fence!

This photo is taken from bedroom 2. There is a reserve opposite (which I managed to delete from the plan above...). I am not so worried about the amount of cut here now, as that steep bit can be planted somehow and isn't as high as I was worried it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment