Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Got Inside Today!


Today I met with our site supervisor to look at the ensuite vanity as the taps are not centred as they should be. By the time I got there they had decided to fix the location of the plumbing, so should be all ok. The plumber seems to have worked off the standard plans rather than our plans which have different taps and basins.

So I had time to check out all the cabinetry properly and to also measure spaces for towel rails and the like, and to finally check out the powder room bench - the only room I couldn't see through the windows. I also looked at the tiles that have now been delivered to check all ok. I have decided to not do the feature tile in the main bathroom - had been thinking about it and figured it would not look that great. So we have officially changed it.

A few photos now - not much that you haven't seen through the windows!

Firstly, bedroom looking into ensuite. Tiling starts tomorrow - floors and wall tiles in ensuite, bathroom, powder room and laundry. The baths will go in after tiling. The ceasarstone benches have been ordered for the kitchen and will be re ordered for the ensuite with new measurements.

The kitchen. Island bench still to have some laminex boards added to finish off. There is room for about three stools. Will look for those once we are in I think.

The powder room with the Fudge Stream Laminex. I am very happy that our other laminex selection was discontinued and that I decided to go back to this. Tiles in here will be white up to the mirror (big mirror) and grey on the floor. Should go well... Following shot is the bathroom vanity.


View from front door down the hallway. On left is the door to the garage - and the hallway hob. May be a challenge to find something for this space.

That's it for now. Progress will slow a little now, although tiling will soon be done. The laundry will be fixed soon, and needs to be done before the tiler can finish. Handover should be 4-6 weeks away - but we are yet to get official advice.
Also today the bricks were being cleaned. Was lucky he was there to let me in again later when I arrived back with Sarah and her girls to show them around. We were expecting to just peek in the windows!

2 comments:

  1. The fudgestream looks great in the wet areas! And Carlisle certainly do beautiful kitchens. I'll also be interested to see what you do in that front hallway space... needs something WOW! I reckon it will be one of those things that you don't know what you want there.... but you'll know when you see it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo - I am very happy with the fudge stream and I can't wait to be in and using the kitchen! Re the entrance hob, I think you are right - I will know when I see it. Best start looking sometime soon though...

    ReplyDelete