Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Joy of Colour

Sample pots, sample pots... I thought I only needed three and I already have six. There could be some more this week.

Firstly outside. I was inspired by the colours used on The Block on the house renovated by Josh and Jenna. The photo below comes from The Block website.

So for us, we have chosen a dark roof in Colorbond Monument and are now choosing a grey for the weatherboards and white for all the trims. So now imagine that colour scheme on our currently multi coloured facade below...



Our grey options so far are Dulux Tranquil Retreat (yes I like the name too!) in either full or half strength. Half strength is the top sample. Impossible to probably judge from a photo really. I am definitely liking the half strength more. Just need to decide if I want to check out some other colours.





And for the white trims, that is currently Dulux White on White. I have also tested this inside and thought it was the one, but have bought three other whites today and have completely confused myself. Yes they all look the same in this photo - and probably not too different in real life. Will decide on that one soon.


The front door will be another story altogether. That will deserve a post all to itself sometime soon!

Jo

1 comment: